1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Job Change More Than Once After I-140 Approval

Discussion in 'I-140 job portability' started by rajesh.damodharan99, Dec 1, 2015.

1. rajesh.damodharan99

rajesh.damodharan99 New Member

Hello ImmiInfo,
    I was working with Company-A for last 3 years and I have got my I-140 approved. I have spent 4 years on my H1. 2 months back, I changed my job to Employer-B using AC21 in my H1 transfer and got it approved for 3 years. I am not happy with Employer-B and hence planning to join Employer-C. I can see my I-140 is not revoked as per USCIS case status online.

Is it possible for me to change to Employer-C using my I-140 from Employer-A, given that I am currently working with Employer-B for the last 3 months ?

Thankfully,
    Rajesh

2. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

yes

3. rajesh.damodharan99

Thanks Don.

What is the situation where i will no longer be able to transfer H1 using AC-21 based on my I-140 got from Employer-A ?

4. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

As long as have an i-140 that was not revoked with any employer you can get h1b extensions. This is the safest bet !

5. rajesh.damodharan99

Thanks Don for the quick reply. To be honest, this whole thing of changing multiple jobs with an approved I-140 is not very clear and straight forward and scares the hell out of me when i think of making this employer change decision at the moment.

6. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

Just make sure your i-140 is still there, i.e., not withdrawn. One way to eliminate risk is to file and get your H1b transfer approved via premium processing before you leave employer B. $1250 is nothing for peace of mind.

PDCOM and Santy like this.
  7. rajesh.damodharan99

Sure, I will do so. Thanks a lot.

8. sram1879

sram1879 New Member

Rajesh, I am in the same situation (Actual just 1 month and I am not happy with Company B). Want to switch to Company C. Please share what happened to your case. Thanks a lot.