1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Job Change During Gc

Discussion in 'AC 21 I-140 Portability' started by gkrish, Mar 10, 2015.

1. gkrish

gkrish New Member

Hi,
    I work for a non-profit medical institution via cap exempt H1b visa. The 6th year term is going to end in a month's time. My EB2 green card application was approved through premium processing following which the H1B extension was also approved for 3 year term. The priority date is July 2014. I-485 has not yet been applied
    I also have green card and I-485 concurrent application under the EB1 category that is pending. Under these circumstances
    can I change job for the following conditions
    1. EB2 and H1b approved (not yet applied I-485): what is the procedure to switch job. Can H1b visa be transferred to a profitable or non-profitable institution retaining the priority date. What happens to the already approved I-140.
    2. With EB1 pending, can I move to another job by transferring H1B to another profitable or not for profit institution.

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

You have unique and very complex facts. You need to consult with counsel before taking any further actions.