1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ina: Act 246 - Rescission Of Adjustment Of Status

Discussion in 'Consular processing' started by Arnab, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Arnab

Arnab New Member

Hello ,

The INA: ACT 246 - RESCISSION OF ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS and the powers to revoke the Green Card appears to apply only for folks who adjusted their status and not to folks who have come through consular processing. Is this understanding correct. Can you please point put the artifact if this is also true for Conaular processing ? This is for my general understanding.

Thanks,
    Arnab

2. Arnab

Arnab New Member

3. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

Arnab, Why are you asking this question?

4. Arnab

Arnab New Member

Hi @s_gan , Good to see you again. I was consular GC applicant and post entering the US on my immigrant visa I have now completed 7 months of full time employment with my GC sponsor and am now looking to move into a reduced part time(limited hours) role with them and take full time employment elsewhere and they seem to be OK with that. This would mean that the I was getting paid the agreed wage in the GC labor for the past 7 months and now maybe I will get paid less from them. Now that I have completed 7 months and have all the paystubs etc.. is it safe to leave them now ? - Thanks Arnab ... My previous question on USCIS revoking GC only on adjustment of status on the same lines.

5. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

Though there is no set time frame, attorneys suggest that you log at least 180 days