1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Impact Of Acquisitions/merger On Filed Perm

Discussion in 'PERM modernization' started by Alok Gupta, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Alok Gupta

Alok Gupta New Member

Hi Ron and All,

First some back ground about my case:
    - My H1B is valid until Sep 2018
    - PERM filed on 31-May-2017 and awaiting

Now, my company is about to merge/acquired in next few days. And I'm not yet sure what kind of deal it would be. Also, I'm not sure if my job duties or job location will remain same or not.

Just trying to think through all the scenarios which can happen so that i have sufficient time in my hand to take correct actions.
    Looking forward for comments on how it would impact my H1B and PERM in following scenarios

Scenario 1: Company is acquired before my PERM is approved with change in Location /Title
    What options do i have in this case. Do we need to start the process all over again?
    If yes, i doubt i have enough time left on H1B as currently the whole process is taking more than a year.

Scenario 2: Company is acquired before my PERM is approved but no change in Location /Title

Scenario 3: Company is acquired After my PERM is approved but before I-140 is approved with change in Location /Title

Scenario 4: Company is acquired After my PERM and I-140 is approved with change in Location /Title

2. Alok Gupta

Alok Gupta New Member

Would really appreciate if someone could share their experience. This is really creeping me out.

3. Santy

Santy Guru

If you are worried about your priority date then option-4 is your only bet to save your date. Your name suggests that you are from India. If yes, then don't waste your time and look for other options unless you are here for earning money and nothing else.

Note: I am not a lawyer.