1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I140 Mismatch In Dates On Experience Letters And Perm

Discussion in 'I-140 petitions' started by egaurav22, Apr 8, 2016.

1. egaurav22

egaurav22 Junior Member

I have a perm approved application and my company is planning to file for I140 under EB2.
    However I noticed that the dates of experience do not match between the eta9089 and my experience letters.
    ETA 9089 says the termination date as 14 July 2014, whereas the experience letter says the date as 15 Jan 2014.
    Same scenario is with termination date of another company where I worked although a difference of around 6 days. One says 24Jan and another says 31 Jan (in the same year)
    Somehow the date I actually resigned doesn't match what the company recorded as my last day.
    I was dumb enough not to notice this while perm was filed.

I have otherwise progressive experience of more than 7 years (even with the date mismatch) considering any permutation and combination.

Would this be a cause of RFE or denial ?
    I am planning to check with my old employers to see if they can provide a new letter with the date that matches 9089 but don't think so that they will provide as that date is not recorded in their systems

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

They might ask some questions, but I doubt it would be denied over this.

3. Partheeban

Partheeban New Member

@egaurav22,

What was the result of your petition? Did they question on the date mismatch and how did you resolve it?
    I seem to like have the same problem with the dates. Will be helpful if you can let me know