1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I140 Approved. New Employer But Different Role

Discussion in 'AC 21 I-140 Portability' started by H2016, Apr 12, 2016.

1. H2016

H2016 New Member

Hi,

Would like your advice.

PD : Oct 2013
    i140 approved

I am getting a good offer but the title is different.

Currently I am Technical Lead and my new employer will give either an Senior Manager or AVP - Software as these are there title standards.

They will do H1b transfer and also GC. I am concerned about my title change.

Secondly, I am bit confused about till when I can wait for job change. My 6 year completes in Oct 2017 so I have I am running out to change jobs due to 6 years. My interpretation is that I can't change the job if I have less than 18 months of H1B left. Since it will take so much time to process the GC and get new i140 approved.

All these days was waiting for i140 EAD, but I don't see anything will happen in near future.
    Can you pls. advice

2. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

Your dates wont be current for another 6-10 years. So chill, get a pay hike and a title hike !

In order for you to get H1b extension beyond 6 years, you need to have an active PERM or I-140. Talk to your current employer if they will revoke the i-140 or not. If they do, its a dicey situation. Most employees dont revoke i-140. Find out what the current employer policy is with regards to i-140 revocation.

If they inform you that they wont revoke/cancel the i-140 - you get $$$$$$$.

FYI, there is no i-140 EAD for now.

Ron Gotcher likes this.
  3. H2016

H2016 New Member

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately I don't have any copy of the I-140 details nor any reference number except knowing the PD date. Its a small consulting company and you know how transparent they are on policies and documentations. How do I know if at all the employer revokes or not? That way I can check some of the old people who left their was revoked or not. I heard H1 extension for yearly they will do once new PERM and i140 is filed. It is upon filing or only after approval?

4. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

Open your mouth and ask them. It cant get any simpler than that