1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I-9 Reverification

Discussion in 'General HR issues' started by amkumar, Aug 12, 2009.

1. amkumar

amkumar Junior Member

Hi Ron,

I started working with my employer from june 2003 in H1-B and they filed for my greencard and i got 485 approval in June 2008.After the approval my employer ask to fill I-9 and send with photocopy of greencard( i wrok in client site in a diffrent state) and i did as per their instruction.Then i got problems with my employer due to non payment of bonus etc and i submited my resignation on may 2009 effective as of June 30,2009.After i submit the resignation , my employer ask me to fill a new I-9 and give a reason that for the i-9 i submitted after gc approval ,the person certified that form did mention that she didnot see the origials instead saw the approval notice of gc and as per the new uscis regulation employer's agent should look at the original and certify the new form.I have completed the new form and took to their agent with gc and he certified that and sent to employer.Now my questions is that since they did a new I-9 from me does this cause any problem or status issues to me ? please advice.
    Thank you

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Re: I-9 Reverification

This won't cause you any problems. Your employer may have some problems, but you won't.

3. amkumar

amkumar Junior Member

Thank you , appreciated.

4. cristacherish873

cristacherish873 Junior Member

Could you give us reasons why the Employer has the problem here?

5. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

If the employer failed to complete an I-9 properly, they could be fined.