1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i-751 Evidence of Relationship

Discussion in 'Retention of US residency' started by AMcMillon, Apr 2, 2013.

  1. AMcMillon

    AMcMillon Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    I purchased my residence before I married my wife and her name is not on the deed. We have filed joint income tax returns, I have included her and my new daughter on my health insurance benefits. We purchased a vehicle together and I went ahead and added her as an additional driver on my insurance policy. Do I need to provide affidavits that attest to my relationship? The instructions state that evidence should include; but is not limited to items in the list; so, I interpreted that as not being a list of specific items to produce; but as guidelines for submitted evidence. Do I need to be concerned because my wife's name is not on the house's deed and I don't have time to obtain affidavits? I intend to submit the I-751 with the evidence that I have and see what happens. Her conditional green card expires in July; so, I need to submit this form soon and would appreciate some guidance regarding whether or not I have sufficient evidence without having to involve others.

    Anthony McMillon
  2. Ron Gotcher

    Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    That should be enough to satisfy them.

Share This Page