1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I-485 Filing

Discussion in 'Filing for AOS with an approved I-140' started by maha7, Sep 22, 2015.

1. maha7

maha7 New Member

Hello Ron,
    I have a question regarding my husband’s I-485 filing. His priority date is June 2004 EB3-I. Even though our dates are current based on the September bulletin, we haven’t been able to file for I-485 as my husband is in the process of moving to a senior managerial position in the same company.
    The company lawyer is planning to amend his H-1B Visa. However the SOC code that he is using isn’t the same as in the approved I-140.Will this create a problem for us when we file for I-485? Also, the job title is different (responsibilities almost similar) and salary is 45K higher than the original I-140.
    Please advice.

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

You have to speak with your lawyer about this.

3. needgcnow

needgcnow Junior Member

Ron,

My company lawyer is insisting to put the company address and not my address on the 485 form. Is there any risk to doing that?

4. Ron Gotcher

You have to speak with your lawyer about that.

5. Ratna Kumar

Ratna Kumar New Member

Ron,
    Please help me understand. Some forms require us to put N/A or None on unanswered questions. Does that mean every unanswered or irrelevant box in a form like say I-131 or I-485 needs to have N/A on it?

6. Ron Gotcher

My practice is to complete every box, including writing n/a if it doesn't apply, or none, if that is the appropriate answer.

7. newsam

newsam New Member

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  8. Vaibhav

Vaibhav New Member

It's ridiculous

9. newsam

newsam New Member

I am hearing similar incident ( "fiasco" ) happened in July 2007 and then some Law suit was filed to commensurate for the expenses ? Ron would have any background on this ?