1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I 140 Withdrawal By Previous Employer

Discussion in 'AC 21 I-140 Portability' started by Gcfrancis, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Gcfrancis

Gcfrancis New Member

Hi,

I am currently in my 8th year on H1B and the current visa is valid till Oct 2017. The visa was extended beyond 6 years based on I 140 that was approved in July 2014 from previous employer. I have switched employers since and the new employer is going to file PERM. Status of I 140 on USCIS website still shows the old approved one. Good possibility of having been withdrawn though, hence I have put in an FOIA request to know the same.

In the event of withdrawal and if the I 140 from the current company is not approved by Oct 2017:

1. Can I get 1 year extension of the new perm has been pending for 365 days by Oct 2016?

2. If 1 year extension is not possible and the I 140 gets approved sometime after Oct 2017, can I still file for a cap-exempt H1 petition then from outside the country?

Thanks

2. Richard Harding

Richard Harding Registered Users

Hello,

If your new company's PERM has been pending for 365 days by the start date they request on your extension, then yes, you'd be eligible for a 1-year extension.

If the I-140 is approved, but you are outside the US, USCIS has granted cap-exempt treatment to people in your situation.

Richard Alan Harding