1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I 140 Revoke -dis/advantage To Me And Employer?

Discussion in 'AC 21 I-140 Portability' started by sammy123321, Jul 6, 2016.

1. sammy123321

sammy123321 New Member

Hi

My husband wants to switch from Company A to B, 2 months back he got approved I140 through Comp A, We dont have I140 receipt number or any document related to it.

I read on forum and what I understood so far, we can preserve priority date if I-140 is approved and company A will not revoke the petition. But I also got information, that, even though company A will revoke the petition you can preserve your priority date. What is true and how??

If company A will revoke the petition and still I can preserve my priority date and can initiate the process of I140 again through company B and get all required documents through FOIA, then whats the advantage company A is getting here by keeping the documents to themselves and why they would like to revoke the petition even though I will be getting what I want ( Preserving my priority date)?

Thanks

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Without proof of the I-140 approval, you aren't going to get benefits beyond six years or be able to preserve your priority date. You need to get at least the file number.

3. sammy123321

sammy123321 New Member

How can I get the file number?

4. sean231

sean231 Member

Ask the petitioner..........the company which filed the approved I-140. Not sure if you can put in a FOIA request if the petitioning company does not provide you with the requested information.