1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I-140 Premium Upgrade Request Pending Since 30 Days

Discussion in 'I-140 petitions' started by DGDG, Aug 22, 2016.

1. DGDG

DGDG New Member

Hi,

I applied for I140 during 2015 in regular processing and I got a receipt notice on Sept 30, 2015. After 3 months, the status indicates my case was transferred to local office on January 4, 2016 and after that no updates on my case. My case was filed with NSC. After talking to employer lawyer, they suggested to wait till first week of July 2016 thinking that 6 months will be completed after case was transferred. But still no updates. Then I requested to upgrade my case to premium and sent a personal check to lawyer. On July 22, 2016, lawyer sent a request to do premium and it's already been 4 calendar weeks and still no updates from USCIS and status is still same "On January 4, 2016 case was transferred to local office". Based on this situation, I have following queries:

1) Does USCIS send new receipt number for the upgrade request to do premium? How do I know whether my employer is not lying and if there is any way to check the status of premium request because my check has not been en-cashed yet.
    2) I am employee of a small service based company from California. Which local office my case was transferred? NSC or California? Can I visit California local office and do inquiries because I don't want to rely on my employer.
    3) What are the necessary steps I should take and ask my employer/lawyer? Because my H1b extension is expiring on June 15, 2017.

Thanks,
    DG

2. Eren Yildirim

Eren Yildirim Attorney at Law

An upgraded petition would not receive a new receipt number. If your check has not been cashed and you case status has not been updated for 4 weeks, there's a high probability that USCIS did not receive your upgrade petition.

Ron Gotcher likes this.