1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I-140 Portablility

Discussion in 'I-140 job portability' started by chirag1211, May 13, 2015.

1. chirag1211

chirag1211 Junior Member

Hi ,

I have I-140 approved under EB2. Originally Company A filed my I-140 and got the approval, then after couple of years I was transitioned to Company B(subsidiary of Company A) and Company B filed a I-140 succesor-in interest petition for assuming all the responsibility for my approved I-140 and I received an approval for that as well.

Now my question is if I plan to move back to Company A again will I be able to use the same original I-140 to file my 485 when date gets current, or Company A needs to restart whole PERM & I-140 process?

Any help on this matter is really appreciated.

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

You need to consult with expert counsel on this. At a minimum, they would have to file a new I-140.

3. mayan370

mayan370 New Member

Hi Ron,

I am following your posts since long but today I got a question for you:

I just want to know, if I change my job after completing 6 years with approved i-140 then how soon the new employer should be starting my GC process again?

As far I know he should be filing the PERM 1 year before expiring my H1B, but suppose I change my employer and got H1B extension for next 3 years, so in this case my new employer is having at least 2 years to file my PERM. Now I need help to understand what will happen if my new employer has not started my GC process and in between my previous employer revoke the i-140. In this case will I be in no status or my H1B still be valid and I can still use my previous priority date?