1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I-140 Ead Executive Action

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by crimsonroll, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Aarun

Aarun Member

It's just my personal opinion but I don't trust Siskind. I hope we all don't follow him blindly. He may phrase some comments for us to post. But in my opinion, we should use our brains and post comments that are best for us and not worry about "what's feasible for USCIS". There is nothing worse that can happen than the status quo. Stronger are those who have nothing left to lose!!!

Here are the comments I am going to post. What is your take.

1. EAD for ALL I-140 EAD approved cases
    2. Advanced Parole
    3. Extendable for as long as the PD is not current
    4. No minimum income requirement of H1B as some may want to work for Startups for stock options
    5. Ability to be self employed
    6. EAD + AP status for future dependents of people on EAD + AP (Since they won't be eligible for H4)

soopergal, saty and PDCOM like this.
  2. mar212011

mar212011 Well Regarded Member

3 is great - we should all ask for it - hopefully they "listen"

1. is really wishful- there intent is very clear in not giving ead to all
    4and 5 - the majority will end up maintaining h1 whether we like it or not- guess those rules still apply

6. they dont care about us waiting in line, asking for potential seems little bit off

3. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

By the current immigration laws they cannot issue ead's until i-485 is filed. Even this i-140 is mostly useless

4. Legal Immigrant

Legal Immigrant Banned

I agree, if they really want to give relief, they would have to allow filing I-485 after I-140 approval (no matter PD is current or not.) I am sensing the admin may do all AD's current somewhere in 2016.. not FA though.

PDCOM likes this.
  5. SKumar

SKumar Member

Their understanding of relief is far from ours; If we consider relief from the point of view of a common I-140 approved person, then USCIS/DHS actually do NOT want to give relief. They want to just pretend that they want to give relief and pretend that they are doing a lot to help as many backlogged individuals as possible. I think they look at us as if we are beggars and should be ready to accept whatever is thrown to us.
    Also, if admin is going to do all ADs current somewhere in 2016, then what is the use of this new rule? Everyone would apply for COS and will get EADs after 180 days as well.

6. saty

saty New Member

Great wish list for the new year.

7. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

8. Aarun

Aarun Member

Hi Ron, what are the chances we will be able to make them cancel that 1 year rule for renewal? In your experience, will the comments make any difference or the rule is set in stone? Also, what are the chances we can get AP included in the rule?

9. newsam

newsam New Member

As per today's published policy outlines, mentioned in the link : http://www.murthy.com/2015/12/30/ne...prove-job-flexibility-grace-periods-and-more/ there hardly seems any new benefit for people currently on I 140.

1. 1-140 : seems to be fo rarest of rare and making "consular processing" compulsory would further discourage Employees.
    2. If an employee changes Employers he will again have to apply for PERM. Not very sure, if he can preserve his previous priority date and if there is transparency on this topic.

Those currently with EAD (except H4 EAD) gets the benefit of auto renewal. This seems to be only silverlining of this entire deliberations.