1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I-130 With Eb Aos Pending

Discussion in 'Family based immigration' started by Anthony Saccamora, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Anthony Saccamora

Anthony Saccamora New Member

Hello,
    I have an approved I-140 and my AOS through employment is pending (EB2 India).

I got married to a US citizen a couple of years ago and given the delays in getting PR through the EB route, we are considering filing a family based application through my wife.

1) Do I need to file a new I-485 for my family based application? Its not immediately clear whether i need to and I saw some guidance on being able to send the EB I-485 to a FB processing center.

2) If I file for a new I-485, do I need to file for a new AP document for the FB I-485? I currently have an EAD/AP through my employer and travel a fair amount.

Thanks in advance for comments.

2. brarm433

brarm433 New Member

Hi,

I am in similar situation as yours. Please advise what process did you follow, filing a new i 485? If, yes what happens to the old i 485 case petition?

3. donisback

donisback Guru

they are two completely different applications. For FB you would fille i-130 followed by a i-485