1. When we moved over to the new software, the passwords did not import properly. If you are unable to login and post messages, please send your username to inquiries@gotcherlaw.com and we will reset your password. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I-130 and I-485 processing time

Discussion in 'Family based immigration' started by zaidi, May 18, 2011.

1. zaidi

zaidi Junior Member

I'm a 21 year old US citizen. I filed I-130 and I-485 applications on April 14, 2011 and I haven't heard anything back. How long does it take to get a response and process these applications?
  2. zaidi

zaidi Junior Member

Re: I-130 and I-485 processing timeline

please reply
  3. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Re: I-130 and I-485 processing time

I'm going to assume that you filed the I-130 and someone else filed the I-485. The USCIS lockbox can take up to six weeks to issue a receipt notice. Have your checks been cancelled?
  4. zaidi

zaidi Junior Member

My parents are already in the USA and I filled an i130 and an i 485 at the same time. Almost six weeks have passed and I didn't hear anything. I'm not sure about the checks because I gave it to my lawyer and then he sent the checks or the money order with the applications. My bank has already cleared it which only took two days.
  5. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

You have to ask your lawyer about this. I can't comment on cases where people are already represented by counsel.