1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much time to get passport back after Submission? H1B

Discussion in 'NIV applications in India' started by lukkyz, Jul 22, 2013.

1. lukkyz

lukkyz Junior Member

Hi Ron,
    I appeared for my h1b visa at Chennai Consulate on 23th March 2013 and got a 221(g) white form to submit the additional documentation including client letter.

We submitted the possible documentation on April 15th stating that Client is not willing to provide client letter - included email conversation.
    On July 1st 2013, I emailed consulate asking for an update.

Got a reply asking me to submit the passport. I submitted the passport on July 2nd 2013.

I still didn't receive the passport and online status is showing as "administrative processing" and passport status is "Still with the post".

I'm unable to understand possible outcome because Why would they need my passport if its denial and why are they taking so much time to stamp and send it back if its approval.

According to my knowledge, It shouldn't take more than 5 working days to get it back with visa stamped if its approval.

Ron, can you shed some light on it. What's going on with my passport?

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Without knowing all of the facts of the case, I can't really comment responsibly on your specific case. Generally, however, they only ask for the passport if there is a reasonable prospect that they will issue the visa.

3. lukkyz

lukkyz Junior Member

Thanks for the reply Ron. I'm ok to provide additional information. What exactly would you need to help me with your expertise?

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

I don't like to diagnose cases in a public forum, so please don't post additional details.