1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long does NVC take to schedule interview?

Discussion in 'Consular processing' started by spgc, Mar 16, 2012.

1. lovely9285

lovely9285 New Member

How about the DUI should it be an issue?

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

It depends on the unique facts, but you should be OK. You need to consult with an experienced immigration attorney in your local area.

3. Soso2015

Soso2015 New Member

Is it normal to not receive your interview letter after two months of case complete?
    Reply back

lovely9285 likes this.
  4. lovely9285

lovely9285 New Member

It is. because I've been waiting 3 months and I haven't receive the interview date either. They said because my case priority date is not current yet. Next month will be I guess

5. shungkai

shungkai New Member

Hi Ron,

My mother, a citizen filed for my unmarried brother using F1 and the priority date became current in 2014.
    We submitted the documents and fee and NVC got them and replied with a letter saying if we let one year pass before contacting them, we must resubmit.

We were waiting for the interview, from the Canada consulate in Montreal.

A year has passed and they want us to resubmit the documents and fees.

Does the Canada consulate take more than one year to give an interview?

What can we do to "contact" NVC after we resubmit the documents and fees?

Thanks.

6. chandraiah

chandraiah New Member

Hi Ron,
    I am green card holder who has filed for an I824 (follow to join) for my wife. Our priority date is Dec 2004 and NVC has already completed processing of our application on Aug 19th. The Visa category is E2, but we have not received an appointment yet. NVC tells us that the application is completed and waiting on a visa interview date. Can you please let me know how long it would take for the interview to get scheduled at US consulate in Mumbai, India? Is E2/EB2 visa category prioritized lower when scheduling interviews compared to other visa's? Please do let us know if you have any feedback or input.