1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long does NVC take to schedule interview?

Discussion in 'Consular processing' started by spgc, Mar 16, 2012.

1. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

If you can share, what percentage of EB2 India CP applicants (at your office) get their interview scheduled without any delay

2. Sameeksha shukla

Sameeksha shukla New Member

From few forums I got to know that F2A category whose PD will get current in September have got IL yesterday for September interview, and I am really struggling to get interview, it's been more than 5 weeks since case completed, PD is also current still no interview schedule. Don't know what is the criteria for NVC to set interview, is it PD? Is it case completion date? Very dubious system I must say.

3. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

The State Department's Visa Office maintains a list of "documentarily qualified" immigrant visa applicants. These are people who have given the NVC all required documents. When the priority date of someone on that list becomes "current" they are scheduled for an interview. Are you sure that your case is "documentarily complete"?

4. Sameeksha shukla

Sameeksha shukla New Member

Yes, I have received case completion email thrice, and I have called and confirmed too. And everytime I call to check regarding interview schedule, they tell me this your case is complete, everything is on track please wait. Nothing else.

5. Ron Gotcher

You should be notified shortly. One thing to keep in mind is that if your home consulate publishes an interview list, your information will appear there about three weeks before the NVC notifies you.

6. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

Is your interview scheduled ?

7. CeeKay

CeeKay New Member

Hi Ron, Please help me understand the questions I've...
    My case details
    1. Filed my wife's (beneficiary) I-824 for Following-to-Join in Aug 2013, approved.
    2. I (petitioner) got my GC in Oct 2013. (B3 to EB2 upgrade case)
    3. The NVC case # was generated on 12th Feb 2014, 28th Jan 2014 was when the NVC received the approval info. & related doc's from the USCIS.
    4. The generic civil doc's related to F2J case sent to the NVC on 26th June 2014.
    5. Aug 1st 2014 got comm. from the NVC saying they are taking 60 days to review cases. (PD current).
    6. Aug 15th 2014 got a fake/false QUERY from the NVC saying they need Affidavit-of-Support 7 asked me to submit it. (PD current).
    7. I contacted the NVC imm. & the rep. who talked to me confirmed saying the QUERY was false as some rep. who doesn't know about the E2 catogery; F2J processing opened it and said we were good and should expect something pretty soon as it has to go for some supervisor review.(PD current).
    8. Today is Sep 15th 2014 and still no response from the NVC. (PD current).
    **Please clarify my questions...
    1. Can I change my attorney like move to somebody more knowledgeable in dealing little complex cases. If 'Yes' what would be the process involved.
    2. I requested my attorney to put some proper cover letter explaining our case saying it was a following2Join (E2 Category) & some extra doc's like the i-134(Affidavit of Support for F2J cases), 3 pay-stubs, recent tax-returs+w2 & he just ignored my request and said we should not submit all as the NVC never requested them & pacified me saying they are need to be taken at the time of interview in hand by the beneficiary. Is that TRUE? Would it have harmed my case if my attorney would have listened to my words?
    3. My current attorney thinks/says for following-to-join (dependents) the dates might NOT be current to set-up an interview. Is this TRUE?
    4. When I checked the Mumbai Interview Schedule they already put appointment schedule till end of month Oct, 2014. Does that mean my wife missed her chance for the month of Oct' 2014, already?
    5. When enquired around Sep 9th 2014 the NVC said there was a VISA # allotted to my wifes case already and just waiting on the case to be "documetarily complete", in such case will the NVC/MUMBAI US CONSULATE go-ahead & schedule an interview any way?
    6. There are speculations that eb2 dates might retrogress starting this nov 1st 2014. Is that TRUE?
    7. If I got my green card n eb-2 category & the prevaling wage was 92k when the labor was filed, which I satisfied then? Now my question is should I maintain the prevaling wage of 92k till my wife joins me or is it OK if i maintain the 2013 POVERTY GUIDELINES req's of Family Size '3' of $24,412 (125%) or $19,530 (100%). Please help me understand this requirement as I'm planning to go to INDIA for 4 months starting next year 2015 if the dates go back & the interview is not scheduled till some time in 2015.

8. Ron Gotcher

I don't comment on cases where people are represented by counsel.

9. CeeKay

CeeKay New Member

I'm extremely sorry, for being so long and boring. Could you please respond to any question of mine which you feel is GENARAL...I really appreciate your help. Thanks!

10. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

Can interview appointments be scheduled even after the PD gets retrogressed ?

What percentage of CP cases (EB2I) get GC in the first attempt (before any retrogression)

11. Ron Gotcher

Generally speaking, visa numbers are reserved for CP applicants for the following month. When a CP applicants gets an interview notice, that means that a number has been reserved and they don't have to worry about retrogression or unavailability.

12. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

Thanks Ron.

Would it be correct to say that if the DOS knows that a PD is going to be current next month, they will schedule the interview if the application is documentarily complete ?

Also, When do they ask the applicant to submit all documents to call it documentarily complete ? 2 months before the PD goes current ?

13. Ron Gotcher

Every month, the Visa Office gives the NVC an estimate of what they think the cutoff dates will be in six months. The NVC then notifies those applicants that they need to pay their fee bills and start submitting supporting documents and the DS230. When the fee has been paid and all documents submitted, the NVC will check the file for completeness and, when they determine that it is complete, they designate it as "documentarily complete" and notify the Visa Office. The Visa Office will then assign a visa number and schedule an interview after the applicant's priority date becomes current. Normally, the interview is scheduled the month after the PD becomes current - depending upon the workload at the post.

14. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

15. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

I am trying to find out the percentage of EB visas issued by consular posts. Where can I get this data.

16. Ron Gotcher

You have to look at the annual reports of the USCIS and the State Department. Right now, the rough percentage of AOS cases is 90% (+/- 1%).

17. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

18. Malak

Malak New Member

Hi, Ron! My case is under F2B category and my PD is current as of October 2014. I completed DS-260 and paid all fees to the NVC. I also sent my documents and AOS this month and they confirmed that they have received them on November 7. They said in the letter to wait for 60 days? So do i have to necessarily wait for this long before they complete my case? Is when do they most probably schedule my case for an interview. I'm in Ethiopia. Thank you for your kind response.

19. Ron Gotcher

As soon as they complete the background checks (usually within a couple of weeks), they will schedule you for an interview.

20. Kaye Filart

Kaye Filart New Member

Hi Ron,

I am from the Philippines and the NVC just notified me that my documents for immigration has been completed. How many weeks will the NVC schedule me for the interview?

Thank you in advance