How long does NVC take to schedule interview?

Discussion in 'Consular processing' started by spgc, Mar 16, 2012.

1. spgc

spgc Senior Member

Dear Ron,

I called NVC to know our case status and they said its complete and we are waiting to be scheduled for interview. How long does NVC take to schedule an interview? Any guesses on when we might be interviewed. April is out of question. Would it be May or June? I was reading that NVC schedules interview in the first two weeks of every month. Is that true?

Also, can anyone with recent CP experience tell me how long it took for them once the case is complete?

Thanks!
  2. bigsurhwy1

bigsurhwy1 Junior Member

Re: How long does NVC take to schedule interview?

Hi,
    How many days NVC took to complete your case? Plz let us know ...
  3. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Generally, when a case is deemed "documetarily complete," and the applicant's priority date is current, they will schedule an interview during the following month.
  4. spgc

spgc Senior Member

It was completed within 2 weeks.
  5. Ron Gotcher

When, specifically, did you return the last of the required documents?
  6. spgc

spgc Senior Member

We submitted our documents during first week of March.
  7. Ron Gotcher

Then you will likely be scheduled for an interview in May, if your priority date remains current.
  8. vahehooII

vahehooII Junior Member

Hi,

I am in a similar situation: I filed family based immigration applications for both of my parents and according to NVC both cases were completed and approved on January 18th, 2012, now awaiting scheduling at the US Embassy in Armenia. However, since then I have not heard from NVC. Every time I call to inquire about the case I received exactly the same information from NVC. I contacted the Embassy and was told that they are not aware of the cases.

Does anyone know the appropriate amount of time for interview scheduling ? Are there steps/actions I can take to speed the process ?

Thanks you !
  9. Ron Gotcher

The NVC should have scheduled them by now. Depending upon where they are from, there could be security background check issues. That's about the only thing I can think of that would delay processing.
  10. tindy1925

tindy1925 Junior Member

Hi,
    I have the same doubt. Our case was completed on June 7th, and they told us we are awaiting an interview date in Stockholm since my husband is in Denmark. It has been almost 2 months, and they do not give us anymore information. They keep saying we are awaiting an interview date, but they don't know when that will be. When I ask if they have a backlog, or maybe the estimated wait time to schedule an interview they get upset and say they don't know. They can't even tell us if it will take one, two, or three more months. Is this normal? Does it take this long to schedule an interview after the case is closed. The lack of information is a little frustrating, and I don't want to call anymore because they seem annoyed when asked for information.

Thanks for any information!

11. Ron Gotcher

If his priority date is current, they should have scheduled an interview for him by now. Try doing a congressional inquiry.
  12. maggiep

maggiep Member

Is your priority date current?
  13. mimi_shona

mimi_shona Junior Member

Hi Ron,

Greetings!

My husband has already submitted all the documents to NVC along with Affidavit of Support, DS - 230 on August last week. He called the NVC on 21st Of September, 2012 and he came to know that its complete in NVC but they are waiting for the interview appointment with Bombay US Embassy. So when can I expect interview?

Please let me know. I am very anxious now.

Regards,

Mimi
  14. Ron Gotcher

It should happen very soon.
  15. Trinity

Trinity Junior Member

Hi Atty. Ron,

I am new in this forum but I have always admire and respect your opinions on immigration processes. I have one question with regard to scheduling and interview of NVC. I am under EB3 Phils and is now current with July 2006 PD. My case was PD recaptured by another employer and now case complete per NVC and waiting for interview schedule. Do you have any idea as to why I have not yet received my P4? My case was completed as per NVC since Oct. 18, 2012. Seems that they did not schedule most of us current this December for interview.
    Do you think we might be having our P4 before December ends to have our interview by January?

Your opinion is greatly appreciated.
  16. Ron Gotcher

It depends on when you submitted the documents, the interview schedule in Manila, and other variables.
  17. NickUSMC

NickUSMC Junior Member

Hello my I-130 has been approved on Dec 21st 2011 last week I've sent the Ds-230 and affidavit support etc to NVC and paid all the fees. Im waiting for the interview in Naples now, how long should it take? I married my wife on October 4th 2011 in NYC.
    Thanks a lot!
  18. Ron Gotcher

Generally, they will schedule an interview for a date within 45 to 60 days of the time your complete file was received by the NVC.
  19. Shaira

Shaira Junior Member

Hi.My case was completed at NVC on December 17, 2012. When would I expect to receive an email re: interview appointment? By the way, my priority date is current under EB2. Thanks.
  20. circusgreen

circusgreen Junior Member

I am EB2 ROW, he case was completed for 1 week and got the interview date 20 days later.