1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Can I Retain F2b?

Discussion in 'Family based immigration' started by gcwait2007, Dec 7, 2016.

  1. gcwait2007

    gcwait2007 Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    When I was a permanent resident, I filed I-130 for my unmarried son who is 25 years old. The I-130 is still pending and not yet approved.

    Now I have become a US citizen. I understand that "Under Section 6 of the CSPA, the applicant can request exemption from the automatic conversion of the visa category from F2B to F1 by submitting to the Department of Homeland Security/U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (DHS/USCIS) a written statement that he elects to have such conversion revoked."

    Can you please advise me when I should file exemption? Is ir right away? Or after approval of I-130?.

    Thankful if you can please advise.

Share This Page