1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. manixium

manixium Super Moderator

IIRC, you already have an EAD and are waiting for a GC, right? In that case, of course, these changes won't really improve things for you. In fact, it might make things worse because now you have a ton of people with EADs with easy job portability.

Also, even if they decided to do recapture and reinterpretation, and everyone was current, how would the fraudsters be thwarted? They would just AOS like everyone else. So according to your logic, recapture/reinterpretation is also equally bad.

jdoe99, mar212011 and cuckoo like this.
  2. manixium

manixium Super Moderator

Also, I resent the implication that desis = fraud. Sure, there's a bunch of us doing it, but ROW doesn't mean just developed countries, it encompasses all the third world. You're telling me people from a thousand minor countries aren't doing fraud to get here (and they can apply for AOS ASAP)? Why should only Indian fraudsters suffer more?

Finally, they were about to give ILLEGALS no-limit EADs. An illegal could just get a couple IT certifications, and boom he'd be more desirable than a H1B. I like how that's OK, but the minute someone tries to ease things up for EB it's all "fraud fraud fraud".

3. manixium

manixium Super Moderator

Hell the boston bombers got green cards based on Asylum. You know what, I think it's OK that a couple of dudes working for a shady consultancy gets an EAD.

jdoe99 and cuckoo like this.
  4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

If I had to guess, I'd put the fraud rate for India way down on the list - probably not even in the top 30 countries.

5. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

It does not matter whether the the laws are restrictive or not. The fact is these people broke law. There are many people who have left the country after the visa expired or when they lost a job. You seem to giving excuses for guys who broke the law. If someone cooks up a fake pay stub it is nothing but fraud. Everyone knew quite well that no one could stay for more than 30 days after their visa expired. Yet people did, they faked paystubs to maintain statuses. Fake paystub beneficiaries are mostly spouses of H1B who wanted to preserve their fraudulently H1B.

I am okay with I-140 portability and extension of the 30 day grace period to something like 120 days, but EADs to all will only benefit fraudsters.

rchandars likes this.
  6. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

I do not know the source of your stats. India should in top 5.

rchandars and DamperGreen like this.
  7. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

Even the 30day grace period is not in the law. Yeah, let us hang everybody who was here illegally even for 1day. It is after all against the law. When people get lost in the weeds, petty jealousy, and self righteousness, they miss the big picture, and there is really nothing that can be done about it.

jdoe99 and Legal Immigrant like this.
  8. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

This has got nothing to do about jealousy or self-righteousness but more about the enforcement of rule of law.

I have to respectfully disagree with you.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  9. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

Sure, you should go ahead and confess to speeding everytime you shoot above the speeding limit and ask the authorities that points be added to your drivers license.it would promote rule of law. Regulatory offences have a function in the scheme of things but to take them to ridiculous absolute levels is just plain myopic. But then, it is easy to paint things in black and white than in shades of grey.

Legal Immigrant and jdoe99 like this.
  10. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

I want to stop responding to your posts on this topic because my response can get personal and nasty.

rchandars and NN5 like this.
  11. mar212011

mar212011 Well Regarded Member

Misdirected frustration, there is no proof to your stats too.

Let's stop the whole h1 as some are fake, why don't people or you report when they are still on h1 why should it bother so much while they get EAD or even gC

jdoe99 likes this.
  12. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

I'll try to find the link. The State Department publishes, or at least used to publish, the fraud rate for each country.

nsh123 and jdoe99 like this.
  13. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

Not really. It is just that my Dharma prevents me from doing something bad to others personally and be a victim of their curse. I have no compulsion to misrepresent facts.

14. SKumar

SKumar Member

Note that Ron was talking about the fraud "rate" and not the total number of fraudsters.

15. agulv

agulv Guru

Any thing the state department does to prevent fraud?

16. Legal Immigrant

Legal Immigrant Banned

s_gan seems to be one of those who, after becoming USC, will start compaigning against all type of immigration.

17. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

Unless USCIS adopts new practices it is impossible to catch this paycheck fraud. A H1B spouse applies for H1B through a body shopper with fake Employer Client Verification Letter. Once the visa is approved, the H1B holder transfers money to the body shopper. The body shopper generates paycheck and also pays tax. In the interim, the spouse tries to find a job indicating that he/she does not need H1B sponsorship. If the spouse is lucky he/she gets it right away. Otherwise the spouse quits the job after 3-4 months and does H1B transfer at a later date. This fraud pay check H1B would account for at least 5% of total H1Bs and 10% of total EB green cards.

The only way to catch this fraud is to ask for bank statements for the short duration employment. If anyone opposes fixing this, it only means that they are beneficiaries of this fraudulent system.