1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H4 Visa Of Minor Dependent

Discussion in 'Working Nonimmigrant Visas' started by samzeeshan, Oct 3, 2016.

1. samzeeshan

samzeeshan New Member

Hi,
    I came to US on new H1B about 2 months ago. I want to bring my wife(already have valid H4 visa based on my previous H1 employer) and 3 month old child to U.S. Here are my questions:

1- Documents required for H4 visa of minor dependent
    2- Is I-797A (I-539 form) required for applying H4 Visa of dependent and minor dependent from US embassy abroad?
    3- Can a dependent having valid H4 visa re-enter U.S within 6 months of Passport expiry date?

Thank you very much for any input in this context. Please advise.

Regards,
    sam

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

All applicants must have passports valid for at least six months, and ideally beyond the requested stay. They will need to present a copy of your I-797 approval notice, at a minimum. They should also bring a copy of your I-94, a copy of your marriage license and the child's birth record, and a letter from your petitioning employer.

3. samzeeshan

samzeeshan New Member

Thank you very much for your reply and I appreciate your time. I have followup questions:
    1- "a letter from your petitioning employer", What is this letter called?
    2- Do I need to present my pay stubs and bank statement as well considering I am in U.S since 2 months?
    3- Is the document in the link below hold true for H-4 visa holders as well?
    https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2016-Jul/Six-Month Club Update _062016.pdf

Thank you very much for any input in this context.

Regards,
    sam