1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H4 Travel And Visa Expiry

Discussion in 'Nonimmigrant Visa Applications' started by Rean@25, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Rean@25

Rean@25 New Member

Hi,
    My spouse and dependants H4visa will get expired on Oct 4. Is it possible for them to enter USA by Aug 25th? Do we need to enter 45 days before visa expiry date? Please advise?

I'm planning to give renewal application for kids, however, my spouse is planning to travel back by Oct 4th.

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

They may enter any time up to the expiration date on the visa. They will be given a length of stay consistent with your petition approval.

3. Rean@25

Rean@25 New Member

Hi,
    Is it ok to file H4 visa renewal by September 1, when visa expiry is October 4. Is it mandatory to do it before 45 days ?
    Can we file with in 30 days?

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

You may file right up to the last day of validity. Just make sure it is physically received by the USCIS before the expiration date of your I-94.

5. Rean@25

Rean@25 New Member

Can my spouse travel out of US after filing for renewal , what is the impact and how does it affects his future visa stamping??

6. Michelle Choe

Michelle Choe Attorney at Law

No they may not travel during the pendency of their renewal applications. The USCIS will see this as them abandoning their request to renew. They can travel outside of the U.S. once their H-4 extensions get approved.