1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H4 To H1b After 6 Years And With I-140

Discussion in 'Nonimmigrant Visa Applications' started by Manojkkv, Sep 21, 2017.

  1. Manojkkv

    Manojkkv New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    I am on H1B visa for 6+ years and have a approved I-140.
    I lost my job. And I want to take maternity break.
    I am planning to change status from H1B to H4 visa and get H4 EAD. After my maternity period, I am planning to find an employer who will convert back from H4 to H1B (start working on H4 EAD with this employer) and get the H1B status back.
    Can I change the status back to H1B even if it is 6+ years(I have a valid I-140) ?
  2. WaldenPond

    WaldenPond Guru

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    Yes, if your I-140 still remains valid or it has already been valid for more than 180 days.

Share This Page