1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H4 To F1 Stamping In Mexico

Discussion in 'Non-working nonimmigrant issues' started by chom, Sep 6, 2016.

1. chom

chom New Member

I am on valid H4 visa and want to change my visa to F1. I am thinking of attending visa interview at Matamoros, Mexico. 'https://mx.usembassy.gov/' says "you may schedule an appointment to renew your current nonimmigrant visa in the same category in Mexico". I want to change visa from H4 to F1. Does that fall under 'visa in the same category'? Am I eligible to attend visa interview in Mexico? One of my friend went to mexico and changed her status from F2 to F1. I want to know if I can change my visa from H4 to F1 in Mexico.

Thanks in advance.

2. chom

chom New Member

I was issued a F2 visa before which expired in July 2016.

3. chom

chom New Member

Someone please help!

4. Eren Yildirim

Eren Yildirim Attorney at Law

Have you considered doing a change of status in the US?

5. sunil28

sunil28 New Member

Hello everyone,
    I already completed my one master in health science from states in 2013 and then did all my prerequisites for Prepharmacy in community college will be graduating this summer 2017. I got admission in pharmd which going start in this fall 2017. I'm still on f1 visa.. my i-94 /I-20e is still valid for few years. But my visa stamped expired. I already used my opt of 12 months as unpaid internship during my first master.
    I have few questions regarding change of status from f1 to h4.
    1) While I was in opt I did work outside which is not related to my field for 7months along with my official unpaid internship during my master. (I'm unsure will this affect to my change of status from f1 to h4?? Since it's almost 3 years of my post completion opt). In meantime I finished all my Prepharmacy prerequisite. I'm joining my pharmd in this fall 2017.
    2) what is the best time to do my change of status from f1 to h4?... at the beginning of my pharmd program as my f1 visa (i-20)is still valid or at the end of my pharmd program as the prog is very Expensive or should I apply for h1 job once I'm done with my pharmd...
    3) My wife i-140 approval is still pending?
    Idk wat to do??? What are the options to file for h4??
    What if I file for h4 in this fall at the beginning of my pharmd program( 4year prog), and worst case if my h4 denied but my I-20e/i-94 still valid... can I stay in states after my denial decision since my f1 visa still valid or I have to leave the country?
    I'm really confused!! Please help!!