1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H4 Extension And Ead Renewal

Discussion in 'Nonimmigrant Visa Applications' started by hokirgrad, May 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. hokirgrad

hokirgrad New Member

My husband's company applied for extension of his H1-B last year and we got the approval in March 2017. His H1-B is now valid until March 2019. My current H4 and EAD are valid until Sept 2017 . I applied for H1-B Extension (I-539) and EAD Renewal (I-765) on April 11, 2017. It is being processed at Vermont Service Center. I need help with following issues-

1. I am traveling out of country on May 26, 2017. I understand that my I-539 will be abandoned when i travel abroad. Will that affect my re-entry when i come back? My current H4 visa is valid till Sept 2017.

2. I plan to go to Canada for consular H4 processing after i come back from my overseas trip. How do i provide USCIS with the new H4 and I-94 information for the pending I-765 or does it get updated automatically? Will this have any negative effect on my pending I-765.