1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H4 Ead With H1 Receipt Notice

Discussion in 'H4 employment authorization' started by katbhuve, Jan 21, 2016.

1. katbhuve

katbhuve Member

Thank you Ron and everyone who replied.

2. Arch

Arch New Member

I am in a similar situation. My employer immi dept has offered me that I can put the EAD docs sealed in a parcel and they will file it along with my H1 renewal and spouse's H4. My husband already has a EAD but it expires August 15th so we have to reapply before it (since it takes almost 2-3 months to get the EAD). My question is if we put "Pending H1B" we will NOT know the reciept # since we will be filling EAD along with H1 renewal. How does that work? Also, if we choose to wait for the receipt # (NOT Approval), wouldnt they need to know when does the H1B expires to decide the EAD expiry date?

3. PDCOM

PDCOM Guru

I provided the latest H1B I797 # (the one that is going to expire). Also provide a copy of the same. You will not face any issues. I had done it myself and faced no issues. Google "ead for h4 filing experience" and the site that comes up had things listed.

4. Manav

Manav New Member

Hello Experts. I too have a similar situation.
    My employer's law firm agreed to tag along my spouse's H4 EAD along with my H1 and her H4 (provided I send them all the required documents and they will not review it).
    My current Visa is expiring in October 2016 and employer has agreed for premium processing.
    Will that create any problem, If I choose to send H4 EAD documents parcel now as there are still 6 months left on her current H4 EAD (which is also October 2016)?
    Or should I wait to get my H1 extension first and then wait till 120 days before her EAD expires (which is June 2016) and then file her EAD?

I was hoping that it will be easier to file all 3 together but will wait if that is not possible due to 120 days clause. Any advice please?

USCIS link says....
    "If you still will be eligible for work authorization after that date, you should file for a renewal EAD by submitting another Form I-765. You cannot file for a renewal EAD more than 120 days before your original EAD expires".

5. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

You have to discuss this with the lawyers who are representing you.

Manav likes this.
  6. Manav

Manav New Member

Thanks for the prompt reply Ron.
    I am going to discuss the same with them.
    I was just curious to see if anyone has been in a similar situation, filing all 3 (H1,H4,H4EAD) together with more than 120 days remaining for current H4EAD) or know if that is ok?

7. sri1979

sri1979 Well-Known Member

You have no problem .. send h1 h4 h4ead and apply for premium processing.. ours got approved like that.

4 months rule will only effect if u are sending h4ead only.

So apply all at a time do not split h1 h4 and h4ead ... if she is wrking she needs to leave the job as now h1 is at least taking 8 months

PDCOM and Manav like this.
  8. Manav

Manav New Member

Thanks for sharing your experience Sri. I checked with the lawyer and even though they do not file H4EAD but she said the same thing.

9. Manav

Manav New Member

Hello Experts. I have another question regarding H4 EAD renewal.
    I did not opt for H4 EAD renewal along with my H1 and H4 renewal since our lawyer suggested to wait as I had also filed for an amendment in my H1.
    Both of our H1 and H4 extension have been approved and I have form I797 for both of us.
    I am now filling form I765 for my spouse H4 EAD renewal and have following questions where I need advise.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Q 11 (in form I 765). Have you ever before applied for EAD from USCIS?
    If YES, which USCIS office?
    What should I answer for this question? My spouse EAD card number starts with EAC.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am going to send following list of documents. Is there any thing I have missed here? Please advise.

1. I- 765
    2. Envelope (Bankers check for $380 in favor U.S. Department Of Homeland Security and Photographs).
    3. Current EAD receipt (bottom portion which has scanning codes for receipt number and card numbers)
    4. Current EAD Card copy
    5. I140 copy
    7. I797 copy (for both H1 and H4). Visa has not been stamped yet.
    8. Passport copy of both of us (only front and last page along with visa pages). The current stamped visa expires in October 2016
    9. Marriage Certificate
    10. Driving License of my spouse

Please advise. Thanks as always!

-Manav

10. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

You don't need to send a copy of the I-140, just a copy of the approval notice

11. Som

Som New Member

Hi I just got the EAD but my h4 visa is getting explored in 2 days so my EAD is valid till 16th September . We have already applied for h1and h4 extension . Can any one suggest can we apply for EAD extension based on h1 extension or renewal receipt notice .

12. Som

Som New Member

13. sri1979

sri1979 Well-Known Member

Convert ur h1 to premium and apply h4ead together

14. Som

Som New Member

My husbans's company may not convert the case to premium , can't we extend my EAD just h1extension renewal notice ?

15. Santy

Santy Guru

Even after you pay the premium?

16. Som

Som New Member

We will have to check , so without h1 and h4 approval we can't extend my EAD Is thAt what u mean ???

17. Santy

Santy Guru

It's better to go for all three on a premium basis. If not then you should do what your attorney advices.

18. taurean

taurean New Member

Hi I am in a similar situation now. My LCA is in review for my h1b renewal and my h1 is expiring in July 2017. I want to apply for my wife's h4 and ead extension and the lawyer is charging $1000 for legal fees alone. I want to file the h4 and ead extension myself. The question is, Can I apply ONLY after I get a new receipt number for h1b renewal?

19. Girish Kalepu

Girish Kalepu New Member

Hi All,

My Visa Expires on Nov 28th 2017 and my attorney is filling H1 And H4 extension now ( my wife H4 EAD also expires same date )

Attorney is asking 1250$ for adding H4 EAD renewal to include in H1 and H4 extensions.

I would like to go ahead with H1 and H4 extensions with attorney and once i get H1 extension receipt number i will file for H4 EAD extension

Question is

1. How many days it will take to get H4 EAD renewal approval after H1 and H4 extension is approved.
    2. Does it benefit to pay attorney fees and file all 3 together or not required really and get H1 and H4 extension and apply for renewal of H4 EAD based on petition number

My real concern is about approval time of H4 EAD after H1 extension is approved , if it takes like 2-3 months to get H4 EAD approval after H1 extension that will have break for my wife and had to quit job :(

Appreciate if some one help with the situation

20. rajiv@LA

rajiv@LA New Member

Hi Everyone!

Recently my I-140 was approved on my 6th year and my max out on my current H1B is in November. My wife has just submitted her I-765 for H4 EAD seperately. considering current processing times, she might get her EAD in October.

My employer is going to file my H1B extension (based on approved 1-140) and my spouse's H4 extension in the next couple of weeks. Since there is no premium processing, H1B/H4 extension would take anywhere between 6-8 months.

Question: Given the above background, once my wife gets her approved H4 EAD (in October), she will have to file for EAD again. But does she need to wait until our H1B/H4 extension gets approved or can she apply for EAD extension just based on H1B extension receipt number? if we do this, will H4 EAD be immediately (2-3 weeks) approved after H1B/H4 approval or will take another 3-4 months?