1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H4 Ead Renewal Question

Discussion in 'H4 employment authorization' started by takalkrs, Mar 13, 2017.

1. takalkrs

takalkrs Junior Member

Can someone please confirm (post relevant verbage from USCIS webpage) how much before can one send H4 EAD renewal application. This is specifically for case with spouse I-140 is already approved

Is it 120 days or 180 days before expiration of current H4EAD?

Back in Dec 2016 I had read from USCIS webpage (https://www.uscis.gov/working-unite...t-authorization-certain-h-4-dependent-spouses) that the limit was 120days
    However reading the same page as above, today it says 180 days per passage posted below. The webpage was updated 3/7/17

Validity of Employment Authorization
    You will not be authorized to work until USCIS approves your Form I-765. Once your employment authorization is approved, the expiration date on your EAD should be the same date as the expiration date on your most recent Form I-94 indicating your H-4 nonimmigrant status. You are only authorized to work through the expiration date on your EAD. If you still will be eligible for work authorization after that date, you should file for a renewal EAD by submitting another Form I-765. You cannot file for a renewal EAD more than 180 days before your original EAD expires.

2. madhvi

madhvi New Member

Hi,
    Can I renewal my H4 EAD based on H1B and h4 receipt notice.My spouse H1b and my H4 is pending.Its urgent please reply.Thanks