1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H4 Ead Prospective Date

Discussion in 'H4 employment authorization' started by KJ17, Oct 12, 2015.

Tags:
  1. KJ17

KJ17 New Member

My current H1 expires by Feb 2016 hence we did a concurrent filing for my H1, H4 extensions(premium) and H4 EAD. We got the extensions and H4 EAD approved till Feb 2019. But the H4 EAD has a start date which is Feb 2016. We made a service request and they came back with "if you think its an error, send the card back and re-apply the 765 with an expedite request".

Now can we send the card back and re-apply EAD? Or wait till Feb to work?
    Ron could you please help?

2. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

Do you want to pay $380 for EAD which will expire in Feb 2016 which may arrive some time close to Feb 2016 anyway? The best is to wait to work from Feb 2016 because you already have it till Feb 2019.

3. KJ17

KJ17 New Member

Thanks for the reply.

Here's what part of what USCIS said:

"If you believe that the error was due to our administrative mistake, you may wish to submit a new original Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, but without the filing fee in order to receive an EAD with corrected information. Please read instructions on the Form I-765 instruction page carefully before filing your application with us."

I am trying to understand is this an USCIS error and we can re-apply?
    If its an error and we apply as an expedited request we could get the response real quick. Waiting for 4 more months my wife could miss an opportunity to work with her old employer.

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Send it back as a service error.

5. KJ17

KJ17 New Member

Thank you Ron!