1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H4 Ead On Change Of Employer

Discussion in 'AC 21 I-140 Portability' started by kooldoode2014, Oct 9, 2015.

1. kooldoode2014

kooldoode2014 New Member

@Ron Gotcher, I recently received H4 EAD for my spouse and am planning to move to a different employer who will be starting my green card process all over again because I have a priority date of March 2014 in EB3. The new employer B will be filing in EB2. I had around 10 years of experience when I joined company A and they did my GC in 2012 in EB2 but was later denied. Because I did not have US equivalent education. Later they filed a case in 2014 in EB3 which was approved in 2015.

So if company B starts over the process again in EB2 will my current company A will withdraw my I-140. And if that is the case how will I be notified of that so that my spouse cannot work on H4 EAD because of no approved I-140?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  2. sdeshpan

sdeshpan Member

Did you get anything on this yet? I too am wondering about the same thing.

3. kooldoode2014

kooldoode2014 New Member

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

If they EAD has been issued, it will remain valid until it expires.

5. kooldoode2014

kooldoode2014 New Member

Thanks Ron. Apologize for the late response. My new company B wants to file for H1B transfer since I have an approved I-140 from my current company A. But I don't have the receipt number of the I-140 from company A. Can the Alien number used for H1B transfer and get 3 year extension through company B?

6. PDCOM

PDCOM Guru

Yes, I think so. You can get your I-140 by filing FIOA. It's free.

7. kooldoode2014

kooldoode2014 New Member

Yes. But I have not applied for FIOA so I don't have the receipt number.

8. PDCOM

PDCOM Guru

It would be beneficial to get the I-140 copy. When you use the H1b receipt number to request FOIA ask for I-140 and full details of your file. If your A number is the one that was used to get I-140 then it could work. I have got I-140 copy and full 140 application by filing FOIA giving them the h1b extension # beyond 6th year and the A number used to file I-140.

I am not a lawyer. So Ron can help and also ask company lawyer that is filing the h1-b transfer.

9. Legal Immigrant

Legal Immigrant Banned