1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H4 Ead Application Mailing Address Question

Discussion in 'H4 employment authorization' started by pradoreddy, May 14, 2015.

1. pradoreddy

pradoreddy Member

Ron/Kamakazee,

Have a question regarding mailing address. I am planning to apply for H4-EAD for my wife on May 26. I may have to move to a different state due to job change after the H4-EAD application. What are my options on mailing address? Please advise.

2. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

3. pradoreddy

pradoreddy Member

Thanks Anirban for your response. I am hearing lots of mixed feedback that USCIS does not apply the new address change and card gets mailed and lost. I also hear Receiver of the card should have same home address on DL as well. Can you please guide on what is required for receiving the card

4. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

If it is a concern, I would suggest that you apply after you have moved.

5. pradoreddy

pradoreddy Member

My move to a different location would happen only in June or July. I do not want to delay the process of H4 EAD filing. I want suggestions on if USCIS is prompt with address change update on AR11 form submitted online ? Do people get their EAD without hassles with address change update?
    Is this the way the address change process works?
    1) Update USCIS with form AR11 on address change within10 days of move
    2) Then keep mail forwarding service from this address to the new address ( heard that important documents USCIS docs, passport don't get forwarded), so may serve no much purpose.
    Any suggestions please? My job change is imminent and H4 EAD filing cannot be delayed as well.

6. LeonhardEuler

LeonhardEuler New Member

I filed I-765 back in 2013. I moved during the processing of my application and filed an AR-11. I also notified USPS of my move. USCIS still mailed EAD to my old address. Fortunately, people at the old address signed for it and re-mailed it to me. USPS is not allowed to forward USCIS mails to your new address. I highly recommend that you chose an address you can receive mail at.