1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H4 Ead And I-539+g-28

Discussion in 'H4 employment authorization' started by ArviGiri, Mar 18, 2016.

  1. ArviGiri

    ArviGiri New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    Hi Ron

    I am planning to apply for H4 EAD for my dependent. All 3 times in the past when i apply for H1B extension, my dependent was not in the USA so i did not file for H4 extension (G-28 adn i-539). However, based on my H1B extension approval notice, we got their visas stamped at consulate all 3 times.

    My question is, just the valid visa stamping on the dependent passport be enough to file for H4 EAD? or G-28 and i-539 should have been filed before?

    Appreciate your response..

  2. Ron Gotcher

    Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    First, a G-28 is a form filed by an attorney, advising the USCIS of his or her representation of an individual. It is never used when someone is filing by themselves. The only I-797 that is relevant here is YOUR notice of petition approval. You need to include copies of your I-94 as well as those of your dependents.

Share This Page