1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H4 221g, yellow form to submit documents. One arrest for DV, No charges or conviction

Discussion in 'Criminality' started by lost4life, Nov 25, 2012.

1. lost4life

lost4life Junior Member

Hi Ron,
    My husband was given 221g yellow form to submit court documents. and later they asked to submit police report. He had one arrest for DV. never charged, procecuted or convicted. so i dont have dismissal letter but have certified letter from District attorney saying no charges have been filed. No other previous history.The following documents are submitted,

1) District attorney's certified letter -saying "no charges have been filed because of lack of evidences and file is given back to law and enforcement for record incase the case become relevent in future."
    2)police report.
    3) family court releted restraining order dismissal form. + court hearing letter followed by Minute report saying - "CASE TAKEN OFF CALENDER"(in family court case was never up for hearing as i filed for dismissal for restraining order.)+ attorney's letter explaining the term CASE TAKEN OFF CALENDER.
    4) Letter of intention from me explaining our recosiclation and i want him to come back home.

Additional information:
    He first time appered for H4,was holding H1B for 6 years, recently went on H4. Had one prior renewal for H1B, with success full stamping at mumbai, and this time he went to New Delhi.And first time got 221g.
    My question is

Will he be given visa ? Does congressman's inquiry to DOS will help? Do i need an attoreny to enquire on our behalf, or to intervene for any thing- guidance, representaion to cousul. etc?

He is not inadmissible, on based of one arrest,what else we could do to make this visa a success. Please guide, your help is appreciated. ​
    [​IMG]

2. lost4life

lost4life Junior Member

Re: H4 221g, yellow form to submit documents. One arrest for DV, No charges or convic

Hi Ron, Please reply. your guidance is appreciated.
    Thank you.

3. Kiskaddon2

Kiskaddon2 Banned

Re: H4 221g, yellow form to submit documents. One arrest for DV, No charges or convic

Hello! Quick question that's totally off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My website looks weird when browsing from my apple iphone. I'm trying to find a template or plugin that might be able to fix this problem. If you have any recommendations, please share. Appreciate it! wish you luck

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

That sounds like everything you need. Since there were no charges filed, this can't be used against him.

5. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Both the iTunes Store and the Android Market have free ImmInfo apps that will allow you to view this site more easily on mobile devices.