1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H1b Transfer In Progress

Discussion in 'Nonimmigrant Visa Validity' started by username172, Aug 3, 2016.

1. username172

username172 Junior Member

Hi,

I recently joined company A and they are in the process of transferring my H1B from my previous employer B. I started at company A when their immigration lawyer received the USCIS receipt notice for the transfer and gave me the greenlight to start employment.

However, an RFE was recently received. USCIS requires an explanation how my degree (STEM) qualifies me for the job (Software Developer) before adjudicating the transfer. The lawyer that is handling the case is confident this is a routine matter. Would you agree?

I do worry since I've never encountered an RFE before (every immigration matter makes me anxious). If the H1B transfer is not approved for whatever reason, I assume my current company A will just submit a new H1B petition. However, I wanted to get your opinion on whether this would be cap-exempt? I am currently in my 6th year in H1B status but my previous employer B did a 3-year extension of my H1B (now valid until 2019) earlier this year as I had an approved I-140.

Thank you for any advice!

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

I can't comment because you are represented by counsel.

3. username172

username172 Junior Member