1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H1b Transfer And 8th Year Extension

Discussion in 'AC 21 H-1B Issues' started by Dheeraj, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Dheeraj

Dheeraj New Member

Hi,
    In my previous company, in 6th year extension i got 3 years (till 2018) based on the approved i-140. I transferred to new company and i got H1B till Nov 2016 based on the previous company i-140 and current company client letter. Client project duration is less than one year and approved only one year. Still my previous company is not withdrawn the i-140. In current company,Perm processing is started and it seem perm labor is going to be submitted on March last week. Suppose if I-140 is not approved before my H1B expiration date and if my previous company withdraws the i-140, Can i extend my visa status for additional one year periods till 2018 (In my previous company i got H1B till 2018)? is it possible?

2. PDCOM

PDCOM Guru

I think you will get extension based on I-140 approval. If that is withdrawn no more extension. You can get 1 year extensions based on PERM filed and pending for 365 days. So to bridge that gap you would need to get h1b extended again on existing I-140.

It would be good to check with your company's lawyer would be my thought.