1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H1B stamping in Canada

Discussion in 'TCN NIV applications in Canada' started by siddharth56, Nov 28, 2012.

1. siddharth56

siddharth56 Junior Member

Hi Ron,

1st I am unable to open the webpage on http://www.imminfo.com/Library/tempo...a-niv-app.html

on Third Country National stamping in Canada.

Hence I would like to ask you some questions.

I came to US with employer A 2 years back and worked at the client site. My Visa expired in the 1st year and I filed for an extension which was given to me.

This year I shifted and joined a new employer in the US. I have a new I-797 for a new client and I have an I-94 valid till 2015.

I would like to go to Canada for visa stamping.

1. I would like to know if that is a feasible option?

2. what kind of questions they may ask me?

3. What documents do I need to carry.

Thank you
    Sid

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Re: H1B stamping in Canada

Thanks for the tip on the broken link, I'll fix it ASAP. Generally, if you are in a third party site placement situation, they will want to see clear documentation between your petitioning employer and everyone else through to the third party end-client. They will want a letter from the end client, verifying what you do. They will also want to see recent pay stubs.

3. siddharth56

siddharth56 Junior Member

Hi Ron,

Thank You for your councel, I do not think I can get a client letter since I work under the E-C model.
    Also a client letter will make sense to the Canadian Immigration authorities - why would the VO at the American embassy quiz me on that? Also do I need to let them know at any point that I am in Canada on work specifically?

Thank You,
    Sid

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Just understand that this is what they are asking for. If you don't have the letter, your odds of getting a visa go down considerably.