1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H1b Revoked By Employer

Discussion in 'Nonimmigrant Visa Validity' started by NagaRaju, Mar 15, 2016.

1. NagaRaju

NagaRaju Junior Member

just want a advice on my recent issue on non immigrant h1b visa.

i am working with company "A" full time since 1 year 5 months, without any notice they terminated my job on Feb15th and revoked my h1b on 23rd Feb online . I found the employer B who sponsored my H1B in normal processing.I got the receipt on March 7th.

Attorney told me that i can work on the receipt ,

1) now my question is..

1) Is it OK to start working on the receipt or do i need to wait till i get the final notice from USCIS ?, employer B told me that he will upgrade the processing to premium but its not yet done..

2)Since i was out of status from 23rd Feb to March 7th, what kind of issue's i may get in this case? do i need to go for stamping with new i797 with employer B? i have valid stamping till 2017 April and also i have valid i94 till 2017 feb

Pls advice what is best thing to do in this situation.

your swift response in this regard is much appreciated

Have a great day!

Thanks in advance

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

You have to discuss this with the attorney representing you. Generally speaking, an H1B who is transferring may start working as soon as a complete new petition is physically received by the USCIS.

3. NagaRaju

NagaRaju Junior Member

Ron, Thanks a lot for your reply..

Consulted immigration lawyer he is saying though i got few days out of status i can work on the receipt.Is that OK? Can i start working on the receipt or will that be an issue? My petition is in normal processing ,once i got couple of payslips they expedite it to premium.

Have a great day!

Thanks
    NagaRaju