1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H1B Renewal and RFE (Urgent please help)

Discussion in 'Consulting company issues' started by H1BBUser, Jun 18, 2013.

1. H1BBUser

H1BBUser Junior Member

Hi,

I am a full time employee for a consulting company but I work at client side/location (its been more than a year now and will continue to work as same for 2 to 3 years more).

Recently my employer applied H1B Renewal in April 2013 (premium process), after 15 days I got a RFE on my H1B Renewal application asking for more paper work like latest Statement Of Work (SOW) and Purchase Order (PO), the deadline to reply my RFE is July 15th 2013.

My current SOW and PO is expiring July 30th 2013 and the renewal of them will only happen after July 30th 2013 because of my client company processes and system.

Question: What should I do now since my RFE reply date is July 15th 2013 and new SOW I will get it only after July 30th 2013 ? What should I reply to my RFE? How should I convince USCIS that I can get new SOW and PO only after July 30th 2013 ?

Please help me with my query.

Thanks

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

There are a couple of ways to approach this. If the end client won't give a new SOW before the deadline for response, then you might want to show a history of regular extensions of the SOW by the parties, together with a letter from the employer explaining the facts.

3. H1BBUser

H1BBUser Junior Member

Thanks Ron .. for the reply. I will try it.

Quesiton: Is there any way we can request for more time to reply to RFE? That way I can send them new SOW and PO ?

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

You can't ask for an extension, but in your response you can tell them that if they will wait until the end of the current SOW, you can give them a new one at that time.