1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H1b Petition Left For 2.5 Months...visa Stamping Issues.

Discussion in 'Nonimmigrant Visa Validity' started by book4me, Sep 3, 2015.

1. book4me

book4me New Member

Hello Ron
    Need your help and valuable suggestions. I am working in a reputed US company (around 30,000 employee) as a FTE for last 5 years. I have approved Perm and I-140 from the same employer. My latest petition valid till Feb 2016. My company is now preparing all the documents to file my extension. We are planing to go to India on Nov 2015. That time we'll go for visa stamping. Is there any issues of our stamping because if we'll go for stamping on Nov then only 2.5 months left of our latest petition. Please give your valuable suggestions. What are the chances of visa rejection or Administrative Process. Please help.

2. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

I have gotten stamping done at the Delhi consulate with 2-3 months left without any issues. However, i ran into problems when i went there with only 21 days left on the approval notice.

3. book4me

book4me New Member

Thanks for your reply. Can you please explain what type of problems you faced? Appreciate your help. Thanks.

4. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

They refused to stamp, said i need to get further extension, that the approval had expired. I pointed out that some time was still left but they just ignored it,.

5. book4me

book4me New Member

So having 2.5 months left is OK right? We are planing to travel on thanksgiving for 3 weeks and our petition is valid till 18th Feb 2016. My employer will file my extension within few days. So can I show them (VO) our 1 797 receipt notice?
    Appreciate your help. Thank you very much.

6. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

Easier solution would be to upgrade to premium processing and get the extension approval before you travel. Extension receipt is useless for stamping.

7. book4me

book4me New Member

Thanks for your reply.