1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H1b-h4 Extension

Discussion in 'Nonimmigrant Visa Applications' started by Ratna Kumar, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Ratna Kumar

Ratna Kumar New Member

Hi Ron,

I applied for my H1B 7th year extension with H4 and H4 EAD, back in May end. I filed with VSC. Receipt notice had the date of June 9, 2015.
    My status still shows "Received". It been about 75 days.

Do you know approx filing dates for H1B extensions that are currently being approved in VSC?

I was wondering if I need to expedite in Premium.

Also, if I expedite in premium, would they approve the H4 and H4 EAd application as well, since they were all filed together?

Thanks..

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

It's hard to say for sure, but it is likely that they would.

3. Ratna Kumar

Ratna Kumar New Member

Thanks Ron..Do you know approx filing dates for H1B extensions that are currently being approved in VSC?

4. Ron Gotcher

They are taking about six months.

5. srinathsiyer

srinathsiyer New Member

Hi Ron,

Situation: My H1B recapture extension (to extend from 06/16/15 to 12/10/15) was filed on 05/22/15 under premium processing. It reached the Vermont office on 05/26 and therefore taken as regular processing (since premium processing was placed on hold). It has been 90 days since USCIS received my package and the status still shows received. My attorney has informed me that they haven't sent back the premium processing fee check.

I have 2 questions;

1) Can I still ask my attorney to upgrade my case to premium processing with premium processing fee check given that they might still have my original check?

and

2) My I-140 got approved last month, therefore can I file an amendment to my current H1B request with premium processing to have a 3 year extension instead of my recapture extension or should I wait for my current recapture approval to come?

I need to get it done before 1st week of November given my requirement to visit my home country then.

Appreciate your advise.

Regards,
    Srinath

6. Ron Gotcher

You have to talk to your attorney about this.