1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H1b, H4, And H4 Ead Concurrent Filing

Discussion in 'H4 employment authorization' started by vivekuta, Jul 18, 2016.

1. vivekuta

vivekuta Junior Member

Hi Ron,

My H1b, spouse's H4 and H4 EAD are valid until 8/16/2016. My employer filed extension under premium processing (concurrent filing for H1b, H4, H4 ead extension). Following is the scenario now:

1. USCIS received our application on 6/24. Received H1b receipt notice via email from premium processing unit.
    2. USCIS approved H1b on 6/30. Again, received H1b approval email.
    3. Received H4 EAD receipt notice on 7/1. When I checked case status online, I found that H4 EAD application was also approved on 6/30.
    4. I received both H4 EAD approval notice and EAD card on 7/8.

Now it has been more than two weeks and I didn't receive approval notices for both H1b and H4. My employer is saying they didn't even receive H4 receipt notice yet and want me to wait for 4-6 weeks. I have following questions:

1. Since H4 EAD is approved and I have the new card..does it mean H4 was also approved?
    2. Is there any way I can get H4 case number (because I didn't receive H4 receipt notice as well as approval notice yet)?
    3. Just in case if we don't receive I797 for H4, can my spouse continue to work because she has already received the new EAD card?

Thanks in advance!