1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H1b Filing After Existing Petition Sent Back To Uscis For Review

Discussion in 'NIV applications in India' started by visa74, Nov 8, 2016.

1. visa74

visa74 New Member

Dear Experts,
    I got a 221g from the US consulate in July this year. In September, received a letter from the consulate that my H1b petition was sent back to USCIS for review and possible revocation. It has been 2 months since and the status on the USCIS website shows the petition is under review.

Meanwhile, I figured out from this forum and other places about the option of a new employer filing another H1 that would be cap exempt. I was seeking some clarity from the experts in this forum. Does the filing of another H1b by the new employer need to be a transfer or new petition completely? Could someone differentiate between the two or are they the same thing?
    Thanks!

2. donisback

donisback Guru

there is no transfer petition. Every petition is a new petition

3. PeterScot

PeterScot Member

Some times it works. I knew a friend whose visa application was under prolonged review after 221g. He applied a new H1-B petition with the same employer and got visa in another consulate with out any trouble. But this happened more than 3 years ago.