1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H1b Extension And Perm In Processing

Discussion in 'Nonimmigrant Visa Validity' started by asunder, Jan 11, 2016.

1. asunder

asunder New Member

I am in my 8th year of H1B… Last July (2015), I joined company B based on approved PERM from Company A and got my H1B extended for 1 year (till July 2016). In December 2015, company B filed my new PERM petition.
    I would like know what happens in below scenarios -

1. If I stay out of country for a month, will that period be recaptured after July 2016? I have this question because I want to know if recapturing will work for people like me who have maxed out their 6 year max out period.

2. Let's say, my PERM didn't get approve by July 2016 and I had to go out of country, would like to know if I-140 could be filed (in case PERM gets approved in August 2016) while I am out of country? If yes, with the approved I-140, can I get H1B processed even when I am out of country? Or should I wait for the cool-off period of 1 year before applying for H1B using approved I-140?

2. Santy

Santy Guru

Your Company can file I140 even when you are out of Country. You can come on H1B once your 140 is approved. No cool-off period after 140 approval. What happened to the labor filed by Company-A? You can try to convince Company-A to file 140 if the labor has not expired. Hope your labor from Company-B gets approved before July 2016. Time is the key.

3. asunder

asunder New Member

Hi,Is there any minimum valid visa to enter into USA? Suppose if I am out of country for 2 months i.e., feb and March 2016.

1.Do they stamp my visa in my country? ( Because I have valid I 797 upto July 2016)
    2.what is the minimum validity of visa for entry?