1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H1b Extension And H4 Ead Question. Please Help!

Discussion in 'Nonimmigrant Visa Applications' started by Immihope, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Immihope

Immihope New Member

Hello All,

I am Currently on H1-B (Valid till Aug 20th, 2017) and my Wife is on F1 OPT extension (valid till July 1st, 2017). My wife’s employer is applying H1-b for her this year and we are not certain of getting her application picked as it is lottery. I do have my i-140 approved and as a backup I was thinking to apply H4, H4 EAD for my wife along with my H1-b Extension by April 3rd, 2017 to minimize any gap in her employment.

Q1) Can I set the start date for my wife’s h4 Effective date to July 2nd, 2017? If so, what would be the end date- will it be end date of my first h1-b Aug 20th or end date of my h1-b extension date?

Q2) If her h4 EAD is approved what will be the start date- will it be based on my h1- extension start date like Aug 21st, 2017? or July 2nd (based on her h4 start date?) and what will be the end date for her H4 EAD?

Q3) If my wife H1-B application is picked in the lottery will this (h4 conversion) cause any hurdle getting the H1-B application approved? Because while applying h1-b her i-94 will be F1’s and once on H4 her i-94 number will change and will cap gap status cause any problems?