1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H1b Approved With Misspelled Petitioner Name

Discussion in 'Nonimmigrant Visa Validity' started by kd082108, Aug 19, 2015.

1. kd082108

kd082108 Guru

Ron,

My H1B Extension is approved and we have noticed that "Petitioner" name is misspelled in it. They have added letter "S" in between which is not accurate. I verified i129 to ensure if it is an attorney's mistake but it isn't.
    1. So, should we apply amendment again to fix the issue?
    2. I have a travel plans next week and how does it affect my port of entry?
    3. I have a valid visa till Dec 31st but the extension is approved till 07/18 so I wanted to use the extension approval at the POE to extend my i94. Any issues?
    4. If I have to apply for amendment? What all documents should I need to send again? Only I129 package or entire documents like client letter, vendor letter, etc. should also need to be attached?
    5. Any guidance with the POE so that I won't encounter any issues with this name mistake mess.?

Thanks,
    K

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

You have to ask the attorney who handled this about it.

3. kd082108

kd082108 Guru

Thanks, Ron.

I apologize for any inconvenience. My situation is such that I can't rely on one attorney now. I have to go to India for unforeseen emergency issues with the family. I want second opinion to ensure I am following the rules. I can opt for consulting service if that is required. Actualy, the problem is they applied for request to correct the name without any application as my case was file under PP. My attorney says that I will receive the original (new one) in 8-10 days. But if i don't then I am in scoop. In this case if I use the my current approval which is valid till 12/31 at the port of entry and so does visa stamping. If yes, then my extension which is already approved with new i94 will be deemed cancelled? Not sure at all.

Thanks.