1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H1b Ammendment vs using EAD

Discussion in 'Consulting company issues' started by trailblazer_1981, Jun 6, 2012.

1. trailblazer_1981

trailblazer_1981 Junior Member

Hi Ron,

I am currently on H1b status and also have an EAD for my pending I485 application filed in December 2011. I have changed the client location to a different city from the Original city filed on my H1b, all the other job duties and role are the same. My employer is willing to file for a H1b ammendment.

Could you please clarify the following questions:
    • Can I start working at the new client as soon as we file for the H1b Ammendment or should I wait for the approval of the new ammendment.
    • Is it better to use EAD to avoid all these hassles associated with H1b, the only issue I have is I have around 8 months of unused H1b from first six years, so in case My I485 gets rejected I will still be able to maintain the status on my H1b.

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Re: H1b Ammendment vs using EAD

You may start working at the new site as soon as the amendment is on file. Personally, I'd just use an EAD. That decision falls into the same category as the decision to stop hitting yourself in the head with a hammer.

3. gc2011a1

gc2011a1 Junior Member

4. gc2011a1

gc2011a1 Junior Member

Hi Ron,

In my case both I-140/485 are pending. Is it advisiable to use EAD?
    What will happen if any 140/485 get rejected ? (for any unknown reason) ?