1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H1b Ammendment Approval Pending Still 6 Months

Discussion in 'Nonimmigrant Visa Validity' started by SBR, Jul 11, 2016.

1. SBR

SBR New Member

Hello Ron ,

My H1B amendment filed in Jan 2016 and its still showing 'case was received'. Any idea if this takes time now a days ? Also what if it crosses 240 days from the filing date ( meaning cross sep 2016 ) ?

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

The 240 day automatic extension runs from the expiration date of your most recent petition. If you get within four months of the end of the extension, raise a service request.

3. SBR

SBR New Member

Hi Ron,

Thanks for prompt reply.

But I could not understand your point. This amendment is for my location and client change. Let me explain the scenario

1. Client A H1B amendment which was filed and approved is valid till July 2017. ( Is this what you mentioned as most recent petition ?)
    2. I left client A in Dec 2015 and joined client B and the current H1B amendment has been filed on Jan 2016.
    3. Now I am waiting for client B H1B amendment to be approved for location change.

It has been 6 month almost. So what could be consequences if its crosses 240 days from Jan 2016 ? Please help me to understand :(

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

The 240 day extension doesn't start running until July 2017, when your petition expires. Until then, you have a pending H1B transfer.

5. SBR

SBR New Member

thanks