1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H1b Amendment Regular In Process & H1b Extension Pp Filed

Discussion in 'Nonimmigrant Visa Applications' started by mainejersey, Sep 26, 2016.

1. mainejersey

mainejersey New Member

Ron, Please help.

My H-1B amendment was submitted to VSC in regular, and pending since Aug 2015. And, I've changed client in July 2016, and my H-1B extension is submitted in premium in Aug 1st week of 2016, since my H-1B validity is expiring in Nov 2016. My H-1B extension PP is still in received status, along with 2015's amendment.

- Why H-1B extn PP is still in received status, after 15-day processing time? Attorney raised service request 3 weeks ago, but waiting for specific detailed response.
    - I'm hearing that the earlier amendment has to get approved, before submitting H-1B extension. Is it true?
    - If so, what should we do since my extension PP is already submitted.
    - What happens, if we request for premium of 2015's amendment and get RFE or denial?
    - If 2015's amendment is approved via premium, will it automatically trigger 2016's extension application to start process or my employer need to initiate anything?
    - I'm changing my client place in a couple of weeks. Does USCIS accept another H-1B application of amendment + extension or USCIS will wait for earlier 2 petitions to finish processing ?
    - Please suggest the course of action, to have my extension processed.

Thank you so much for the help.