1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H1b Amendment Question

Discussion in 'Nonimmigrant Visa Validity' started by poppypoppy, Jun 1, 2015.

1. poppypoppy

poppypoppy New Member

Hi Ron,
    I moved to another state with my family late last year so i started to work remotely from there. but i wasn't aware of this till this April when the company started filing H1b extension for me.

right now, the company has started to file me the amendment. and i have gone back to the previous location to work. but i don't want to leave my family for too long.

i wonder can i go back to work remotely once amendment has be filed or approved?

thanks,

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Hopefully, the amendment will show both locations.

3. poppypoppy

poppypoppy New Member

Thanks, Ron. My company actually agrees me to go back to home while waiting for the approval of amendment and extension.

but here is one more thing which i am confused and complicates the situation. I just got an offer from one local company. but this company doesn't have experience of sponsoring the visa.
    so my question is
    1. can this new local company sponsor me a visa while i am waiting for the amendment and extension?
    2. should this company apply h1b for me after receiving the approval of amendment and extension?

thanks,

4. Ron Gotcher

The new company can file right now, if they wish. They do not have to wait for the amendment.

5. hkumar.ven

hkumar.ven Member

Hi Ron,
    I have a question on amendment. I changed projects and moved to three different work sites for different clients prior to Oct' 2010. However have been working at one single location since then and got my H1 extension(3 yrs) approved twice from here Aug 2011, Aug 2014. My employer thinks there is no need to file amendment now because my current location is on file with uscis and is listed on my current petition. Please help me understand if that is true and if don't need amendment for prior change in job locations. I appreciate your responses on this forum and does help immi community. Thanks, Kumar

6. Ron Gotcher

You don't need an amendment for the current petition. If you want to clear the old ones, go abroad and return. That will do it.